The core of this program focuses on the projects that Fellows identify at their news enterprises. We call these projects "challenges" in the Sulzberger Program...Read More »
Our Fellows are executives from all media platforms including Web, eReaders, social media, television, magazine, newspapers, radio, mobile and tablets.Read More »
The Sulzberger Program is designed as a tool for senior news executives and managers who have the potential to run their organizations. Applications are due on December 10.Read More »
- Fellows need to lead from the perspective of the CEO and the whole enterprise.
- Content managers need to consider business viewpoints and advertising executives need to consider editorial managers viewpoints.
- The challenge should cover a project that is key to the organization's sustainability in the market.
- The challenge should be something it would take 10-20 months to accomplish successfully.
- There is a performance expectation with each challenge. Fellows must set goals that answer the question, "What does success looks like?"
- The challenge needs to involve people of the enterprise beyond the Fellow. Everyone involved should feel at risk when they commit to take on the challenge and succeed at it.
- The challenge should not be "business as usual" - success at tackling the challenge should demand new abilities and ways of working.
- The challenge must be "ripe," so that it makes sense to tackle it during the year the Fellow is participating in the Punch Sulzberger Program.