The core of this program focuses on the projects that Fellows identify at their news enterprises. We call these projects "challenges" in the Sulzberger Program...Read More »
Our Fellows are executives from all media platforms including Web, eReaders, social media, television, magazine, newspapers, radio, mobile and tablets.Read More »
The Sulzberger Program is designed as a tool for senior news executives and managers who have the potential to run their organizations. Applications are due on December 10.Read More »
Think About Your Challenge
Leaders are defined by the challenges they overcome.
In today's ever changing digital landscape, news industry executives must become more nimble and creative to better meet the needs of their audiences. Here's how you should think about the challenge you want to tackle as a Sulzberger Fellow:
- What are the top three essential issues facing your news enterprise that require immediate solutions?
- Would other key leaders at your organization feel like they have a stake in the outcome?
- Are you able to look at this project from the different perspectives across your news organization's divisions?
- Can this project be completed with in 10-20 months?
- Would you be willing to set outcome-based goals that answer the question, "What would success look like?" as you work toward your result.